Dated On: February 18, 2015.
As I embark on this magnificent journey of life, I take up the work of not just making a living but making a life. I know I have more work to do; hard work, frightening work, uncertain work and unending work. Work that may test me, defeat me and the one that the whole world especially, my family will look up to. The time is short and the odds are long but I believe that, I am ready nonetheless, with the lessons of the toils of my life experiences, with the strength of those who would love to stand by me regardless as I face what lies ahead of me and with the great amour of God, I ink down my five years’ future short term plans/resolution(five years because, I’m still young and just about to start life after graduating from the university).
Five years from now, I should be able to achieve the below;
- A great Academic Achievement. This is my one great thing, a life time dream, one that I will never vent on. I have plans of reading Law and in the next five years, I should see myself working with a prestigious company as best Legal Adviser.
- A good and happy Marriage(one that is not far from perfect). I want to be married to a man after God’s own heart and after my heart too. Trust me, I owe my kids the best Dad.
- The dream of having the most adorable Kids. I desire to go through two pregnancy stage and out of these two, I pray God blesses me with a set of twin(any gender is preferable).
- Have a Structure and Business of my own. I should able to have something tangible to hold unto. A profound business will be an asset. Definitely. I already have a small business I’m currently running though but I want to see it firmly rooted in five years from now.
- A Piece of Magic. Naturally, I love to write, writing makes me and until I come up with that great piece, I wouldn’t call writing my calling. This in particular can feature in my long term goals though. Actually, see this as a caveat addition.
Just to add, always remember there is nothing impossible for a positive mind. This is true in the sense that, whatever the inner urges, that shall become true. And so whatever my labors and aspirations are, in the noisy toils of life, I still keep peace with my soul. I yearn to get there but I’m not in a hurry because I don’t want to miss my steps. I will live in faith and keep hoping for a better tomorrow. A personal mandate of mine is to help make the world a better place for myself and everyone around me. Big or small, everything matters, every effort counts and everyone who crosses my path contributes. I also have my plan A, B&C that backs up this plan but above all, I will always remember to stay focus with the quest to be the Best Me. In ready for all the Test, I see the Greater Me in the notch future; whether good or weird, I shall sail through it all un-scattered.
Writing to meet the dVerse prompt, where Grace asked us to write a poem from the Future considering a poem from TED Fellow Ben Burke.